Inspecting your home on regular basis and following good maintenance practice is the best way to protect your investment in your home. Whether you take care of a few tasks at a time or several all at once, it is important to get into the habit of doing them. It also reduces the risk of unexpected repairs and improves the odds of selling your house at fair market value, when the time comes.
Precise Property Inspection has performed a quality time and research to navigate these maintenance tips. We want you to work or pay certain attentions to these matters that can save you thousands of dollars. These remedies not only save you money and protect your property but also for your safety concerns as well.Upon taking the ownership:
- Replace or re-key the locks on all exterior entrances for improved security.
- Check that all windows and doors are secured. Also check with security system providers about new codes as well.
- Install smoke detectors on each floor level of the house. Ensure that there is a smoke detector outside all sleeping areas. Replace batteries, test them and make note to replace them in one year.
- If smoke detectors are old, you may want to consider replacing them for improved safety.
- Examine driveways and walkways for trip hazards. Larger cracks should be sealed.
- Examine the interior of the home for trip hazard. Loose or torn carpeting and flooring should be repaired.
- Make sure all storms and screens are accounted for and in good condition.
- Clean gutters and downspouts on seasonal basis and also confirm that discharge of downspouts is appropriate.
- Remove debris from window wells and clear the surface so during rain no water goes inside the house.
- Examine the roof for the evidence of damage to roof covering, flashing and chimneys.
- Trim back tree branches and shrubs to ensure that they are not in contact with the house.
- Look at overhead wires coming to the house. They should be secured and clear of trees or other obstructions.
- Clean, inspect / or service all appliances as per the manufacturer's recommendations.